The L-Acoustics SB18 is one of the smaller SB Series subwoofer elements, but don’t let its small size fool you. Built to shake, this heavy-duty 18 inch (45.7 cm) long excursion driver is capable of producing stunningly deep and articulate bass and has an built-in high-power amplifier for demanding applications.
From the Manufacturer
The SB18m is the recommended subwoofer for the ARCS® WIDE and ARCS® FOCUS line sources, and other L-ACOUSTICS® mobile systems. It allows extending the operating frequency range of the system down to 32Hz.
The SB18m features one 18” speaker in a dual bass-reflex tuned enclosure. It provides impact, sensitivity, low thermal compression and reduced distortion. One of the vents features a progressive profile allowing laminar airflow and reduced turbulence noise, even at the highest operating levels. These combined properties contribute to the sonic qualities of the SB18m in terms of precision and musicality. The cabinet is made of first grade Baltic birch plywood to ensure maximum acoustical and mechanical integrity.
SB18m subwoofers can be flown or ground-stacked, as a standalone array or within a vertical SB18m/ARCS® WIDE or SB18m/ARCS® FOCUS array. A polemount socket is integrated into the cabinet, for the mounting of one XT, two KIVA, one ARCS® WIDE or one ARCS® FOCUS.
The SB18m is driven and amplified by either the LA4 or LA8 controller. These ones
ensure linearization, protection and optimization for the loudspeaker system in its different operating modes, cardioid included.
High Power compact subwoofer
- 32 Hz LF limit, high power handling, low distortion and thermal compression
- Progressive vent for increased peak SPL, and minimal turbulence noise
- DSP presets for cardioid mode (symmetrical and asymmetrical)
- Pole mount for XT series, ARCS® WIDE/FOCUS and KIVA
- Compatible rigging : SB18m/ARCS® WIDE – FOCUS
- Low frequency limit (-10dB) 32 Hz ([SB18_100] preset)
- Maximum SPL1 138 dB ([SB18_100] preset)
- RMS handling capability 700 W
- Components LF: 1 x 18’’ weather-resistant
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Rigging2 WIFOBUMP certified for 8 SB18m in a vertical array
- CLAMP250 certified for 4 SB18m in a vertical array
- Physical data W x H x D 759 x 543 x 717 mm
29.9 x 21.4 x 28.2 in
- Weight (net) 62 kg/137 lbs
- Connectors 2 x 4-point SpeakON®
- Cabinet Baltic birch plywood
- Finish Grey brown, RAL 8019® or Pure white, RAL 9010®
- Custom Finish RAL code on special order
- Front Steel grill with anti-corrosion coating
- Airnet® acoustically neutral fabric
- Rigging High strength steel
- Protection Rating IP 45