The Powersoft K2 amplifier is the perfect choice for musicians and sound professionals who need high-quality sound in a small package. Weighing in at just 8 kg, this amplifier packs up to 4,800 W of power into a tiny form factor. Whether you’re onstage or in the studio, the Powersoft K2 will give you all the power you need to get the job done.
From the Manufacturer
With up to 4,800 W the Powersoft K2 is the “smallest” amplifier in K Series. Built on the same technologies and features as present in the bigger models, it makes a full-fledged member of the amplifier line that changed the face and direction of the professional audio amplification market.
Only 8kg/17.6lbs light, the Powersoft K2 is the ideal companion for where space, weight, and uncompromised sound quality matter. Per Step-up card a K2 can be upgraded to become a Powersoft K3 amplifier – more power without replacing the entire amplifier. Click here to go to the K Series Step-Up page.
In use worldwide by leading touring and event sound companies, K Series is preferred among the top ranking system designers, sound engineers, and system techs on the road for making their lives easier, giving them reliable premier-grade power and headroom in the smallest possible package size.
- Advanced switch-mode worldwide operating power supply technology for high performance and compact size
- Power Factor Correction PFC for extremely low mains consumption and extremely wide mains operating range
- Low Inrush Limiting reduces AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
Fully protected circuit design with:
- Ac protection: shut down power supply when AC mains voltage is outside operating range
- Clip limiter: prevents severely clipped waveforms from reaching loudspeakers, while still maintaining full peak power output
- DC protection: protects against infrasonic signal at the outputs
- VHF protections: protects the loudspeakers against non audible, strong, non musical high frequency signals
- Short circuit protection: protects the amplifier from short circuit or other stressful events for the output circuits with automatic protection reset
- Long term limiter: protects the loudspeaker against steady long term rms (non audio) signals reducing maximum output
- Thermal protection: output stages operating temperature up to 80 °C (176 °F)
- Temperature controlled continous variable speed fan, front to back airflow
- Temperature forecast with LCD traced historical behaviour
- Fixed frequency switchmode output stage for high grade sound accuracy
- Compact size – all models only 1 RU for reduced rack cost and space
- Light weight – for easier racking and shipping: 12 kg (26.5 lbs) according to configuration
- Combo XLR/6.3mm jack Neutrik input connectors with link capability
- AES3 digital input*
- LCD matrix interactive display
- Comprehensive-user friendly front panel display menu
- Built-in defeatable clip limiters for each channel
- Digital gain-attenuator control
- Defeatable gate selection for each channel
- User selectable gain/sensitivity
- User selectable maximum output power for each channel
- User selectable maximum mains current draw
- Lockable set-up by user selectable access key code
- Built in remote control via the RS-485 interface provides full diagnostic, operational setting and system monitoring
- Hardware monitor available for fast local diagnostic
- Load impedance measurement / display for each channel
- Output power measurements / display for each channel
- Mains voltage and current measurements / display
- Downloadable log file of functional fault events with time related trace
- Smart Card settings, parameters and upgrades functionality
Write a product review
Help another users by sharing your experience!
Are you sure delete this review?
If you delete your review, it will disappear from the list of reviews
- Used - Very Good
- Price low to high
- Price high to low
Shipping amount will be attached to the final invoice.
Disclaimer: Please remember to inspect the shipment when it arrives. Be aware that if a damaged shipment is not immediately refused, Soundsupply reserves the right to refuse a customer refund. Feel free to call us at 1 (800) 211-4203 if you need anything!
All sales are final. If a damaged shipment is not immediately refused, Soundsupply reserves the right to refuse a customer refund.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
By ordering an item on Gearsupply, you are committing to paying and purchasing the product. Except for extraordinary circumstances, no returns or exchanges permitted.